Experienced, Knowledgeable, Expert Applicators
Through our vast experience within industrial projects, we know that industrial coatings and specialist linings greatly improve lifecycles, reduce future requirements for maintenance, improve asset integrity, and as a result, reduce operational and asset lifetime costs.
Powertherm offers a comprehensive range of services within the Industrial Coatings industry including erosion, abrasion, impact & corrosion resistant coating systems. From surface preparation to decoration and protective coatings to specialist linings, we have the experience, expertise, and skill to apply any coating, to any surface, in any situation.
Our Industrial Coatings services include:
Protective Coatings & Specialist Linings
- Epoxy & Polyurethane linings
- Marine protective coatings
- Mascoat insulation coatings – UK approved applicators
- Nuclear approved coatings
- Tank & Vessel linings: fibreglass, epoxy, glass flake, GRP systems, polyester
- Thermally sprayed aluminium (TSA) & zinc
- Passive fire protection and intumescent paints – on-site & off-site services
- Piping & ducting linings & wraps
- Acid resistant linings
- Novolac glass filled vinyl ester
- Flexible membranes – Polyuria
- Solvent free reinforced epoxy coatings
- Cut out, repair, and protection of concrete linings
Industrial Painting & Decoration
- Equipment, assets, & structures of all materials
- Structural steel coatings
- Cladding coatings
- Solvent-free hot and cold applied liquid coatings
- Hygienic coatings
- Decoration: warehouses, offices, administration buildings
- Wall coverings
- Paint applied corporate signage – Company storage tank signage
- Road markings
- All screeds: Polymer, Resin
- Epoxy coatings: High build, self-levelling
- Non-slip coatings
- Blast tracking and diamond grinding
PASSIVE FIRE PROTECTION
Our expert applicators have a deep understanding of this safety critical discipline. Passive fire protection or PFP coatings are a vitally important application across the oil & gas, power and processing industries. PFP coatings work by expanding to form an insulating layer when subject to an extended period of high temperatures. This creates a barrier that limits heat transfer between the substrate and the source of heat.
We offer a wide range of PFP including intumescent coatings and cementitious products. Our highly skilled and qualified applicators are approved to install the latest technical PFP solutions to steelwork, skirts, process and storage assets to name a few. From single project applications to term maintenance contracts on refineries, we offer turnkey solutions to major blue-chip clients, to protect their teams and assets.
We know surface preparation goes hand-in-hand with the correct application of coatings. The performance of a coating is significantly influenced by its ability to adhere properly to the substrate material. Surface preparation not only cleans the surface of any contamination but also introduces a suitable profile to receive the coating. From this, we’ve developed a comprehensive range of services in this discipline and have a competent, skilled workforce ready to employ innovative coating techniques.
Surface Preparation Services:
- All abrasive blast cleaning techniques
- Mechanical & hand preparation
- Steelwork preparation
- High-pressure (HP) and ultra-high-pressure (UHP) water jetting
- Wet/slurry abrasive blasting
- Chemical solvent cleaning
- Heat induction removal (RPR)
- System swirling vortex cleaning (TORC – formally JOS)
- High-pressure steam cleaning (DOFF)
- Graffiti removal.
Having an in-house access division allows us to provide not only access to larger assets but encapsulation to prevent potential contamination of the surrounding environment. We are competent in performing on-site services understanding the procedures applied on-site, the environment and operational challenges. Our dedicated coatings facility also has the capabilities to undergo all manner of off-site projects such as blast cleaning, flame metal spraying and industrial painting.
Powertherm also offers additional support services including:
- Encapsulation & environmental protection
- On-site blast cleaning facilities
- In-house coatings facilities
- Access Solutions: Rope Access, Mobile Elevating Working Platforms (MEWPs), Electric Cradle operators
- Technical support: coatings surveys, inspections and analysis, coatings specification development, assessment of hazardous or toxic substances
- Traffic management
A Reputation Built on Safety and Quality
We pride ourselves on safety and quality of service at Powertherm. We have in-house NACE certified painting / coatings inspectors, and our operatives are qualified under the Industrial Coatings Applicator Scheme (ICATS) and approved by the Institute of Corrosion (ICorr) where applicable.
This means we have a proven track record in delivering high-quality services on projects of all sizes, across a wide variety of industries. All projects are subject to our dynamic safety policy along with British Standard Quality Assured Controls. Our aim is to consistently deliver high quality, innovative solutions, and sustainable approaches to surpass our client’s requirements and protect their assets.